TROOPS RULES AND REGULATIONS AGREEMENT FOR 2016 WHITEMARSH ENCAMPMENT
I, on behalf of my unit, have read the regulations, reviewed them with my unit members, and agree to follow the safety rules and regulations set forth by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission Safety Manual for Historic Weapons Demonstrations and we will follow those regulations for this reenactment at Hope Lodge, Fort Washington, November 5, 2016. Rules and regulations of the PHMC will be adhered to for this event. I understand that combined single limit liability insurance of $1,000,000 for bodily injury and property damage is required and I will provide a certificate of insurance, sent to the address at the bottom.
- Safety checks and inspections will be performed on every weapon before each skirmish. A designated PHMC Safety Officer will be present at all inspections.
- Original weapons shall not be used.
- Ramrods shall not be withdrawn from the thimbles unless instructed by the site safety officer.
- Edged weapons are not to be drawn or brandished during battle reenactments by troops. Officers and NCO’s may use edged weapons to direct movement only.
- Hand-to-hand combat will not be permitted.
- Each unit will safely secure cartridges and small quantities of black powder.
- Bulk quantities of black powder must be secured by the PHMC overnight in a designated area.
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the grounds or consumed during the Encampment.
In consideration of us being able to participate in this event, we hereby for ourselves, our heirs, and their personal representatives assume any and all risks which might be associated with the event. We further waive, release, discharge and covenant not to sue the Friends of Hope Lodge and the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, their officers, directors, employees, sponsors, organizers, volunteers, or any other representatives or their successors and assigns in connection with any and all injuries or damages of any kind whatsoever suffered as a result of taking part in the event and all related activities.