Mather Mill (Farmar's Mill)

Mather Mill is also called Farmar's Mill. It was probably built in the late 17th century by Edward Farmar and was included in the 150 acres purchased by Samuel Morris. Samuel Morris's brother sold the mill and four acres of land to Isaac Mather, whose son built the present mill in 1820. It continued in operation until the late 19th century. Today, due to structural problems, the building is unsafe for occupancy. The Mill is a block from Hope Lodge, on Mathers Lane.