1777 Whitemarsh Encampment
Since 1982, Hope Lodge has held re-enactments to commemorate the time from November 2 to December 11, 1777 when General George Washington and the Continental Army encamped in the Whitemarsh Hills.
36th annual encampment re-enactment
Saturday, November 4, 2017, 10 AM to 4 PM. Schedule and appearances subject to change.
- Lecture & book signing at 10:30 am by Jeffrey Finegan, Sr. author of the I Knew George Washington series.
- Revolutionary War Skirmish11:30 am
- Children's Muster at 12:45 pm
- Experiments of Dr. Benjamin Franklin at 1:00 pm (presented by Michael Kochan)
- Historical song performance by Les Chanteurs Historiques at 1:30 pm
- Revolutionary War Skirmish 2:30 pm
- Self-Guided Tours of Hope Lodge Mansion
- Textile and Dyeing Demonstrations (presented by Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation)
- Papermaking Activity (presented by Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation)
- Military Surgeon Presentations by Wayne Skilton
- Sutlers--Blanket Brigade, William Davis & Sons Booksellers, Rancocas Merchant, Ranger Reproductions, Florance Drum Co., Artist Ed Kane
- Open Hearth Cooking Demonstrations
- Bobbin Lace Demonstration by Becky Ledebohm
- Dulcimer Entertainment by Lynn King
- The Schooner Pursuit Historical Society
- Scavenger Hunt and Children's Activities
- Bake Sale to benefit The Friends of Hope Lodge
- Hope Lodge Museum Shop
- Concessions provided by Tonellis of Lafayette Hill & Big Ben Baked Potato Co.
2017 Admission Prices:
- Adults: $10.00
- Youth (ages 6-17): $6.00
- Seniors (60+): $6.00
- Family (One Car 2 adults and up to 3 children): $20.00
- Children (5 & under): FREE
- Friends of Hope Lodge Members: FREE
Troop and Sutler INVITATION
It is our great pleasure to extend an invitation to you to our 36th Hope Lodge Encampment on November 4, 2017.
If you need forms sent in the mail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org